quote

“I knew that if I allowed fear to overtake me, my journey was doomed. Fear, to a great extent, is born of a story we tell ourselves, and so I chose to tell myself a different story from the one women are told. I decided I was safe. I was strong. I was brave. Nothing could vanquish me.”

- Cheryl Strayed, Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail

Tuesday 7 July 2015

Whaddya at b'ys?!

Hellooooo from St. John's! I've been here for just over a week now and I'm loving it :) it's so great to be back working in a creative capacity, especially with my roomie from college, Yvonne, to show me the ropes. We lived together in Toronto for two years in the "Birmingham Basement". This summer I'm staying with her and her boyfriend Noel in their house in Paradise, NL. Not even a joke, it is called Paradise, and it really is - I can see the ocean from my bedroom window! Also joined by their fur children Pete, a 140lb Greater Swiss Mountain dog, and two kitties Henry and Jack :)

I'm working with another CABA as my partner, Cristina. We sit in our little corner with our heat lamp and eat all day, send snapchats back and forth, and laugh at each other. Needless to say, we get along very well hehe ;)




I'm still getting used to a regular 9-5 Monday to Friday work schedule. Mad props to all normal functioning adults who do this... Holy jeeze I'm tired by the end of the day haha coffee is my best friend! 

I haven't done too much touristy stuff as of yet, just a wicked hike up Signal Hill on the weekend, and a nice long walk on the track by the beach with Yvonne, Pete and our friend Ashley and her Great Dane named Ajax! Lots on the list though, I'm going have some busy weekends!

It's been pretty cold so far, I always wear a wool sweater but I'm slowly adjusting. Its been pretty sunny on the weekends so that's all I need!

Been looking into doing some diving here and wow, people are just so nice! I posted on a dive Facebook group and within one day I had about five people offer to take me out on their boats! My mainlander "don't trust strangers" red flags were going off, but you just have to get used to the fact that people are very nice here haha!

Other than that, not too much else to report. Loving it so far, but not an official Newfoundlander because I haven't been screeched in yet! Maybe this weekend ;)

Think warm thoughts for us!
Love from the Rock xx 












No comments:

Post a Comment