quote

“I knew that if I allowed fear to overtake me, my journey was doomed. Fear, to a great extent, is born of a story we tell ourselves, and so I chose to tell myself a different story from the one women are told. I decided I was safe. I was strong. I was brave. Nothing could vanquish me.”

- Cheryl Strayed, Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail

Tuesday 5 May 2015

Home again, home again

Well, I've been home for about 3.5 weeks now and I have to say it's pretty nice. But my feet are getting itchy again already! Ideally, I'd be headed off to some tropical location (perhaps Palau if money was no issue) to further my scuba diving levels and basically dive all day, everyday. Since I'm not in that dream world, I will have to happily settle for a new adventure in moving back to Toronto. Since I've been home, I have had two interviews for internships at ad agencies which is very exciting. If I am a successful candidate, I'll be couchsurfing my way down to Toronto by mid May while looking for a room to sublet for the summer. 

Other than work-wise, I have been visiting with lots of friends that I have missed over the past two months which is lovely! Before I left, I made sure to put some money aside for when I came back, because when I got home from Australia I was in the red and didn't even have money to put gas in my car to go job hunting. It was seriously depressing and I was convinced that I would be unemployed and living at home for my whole life! Luckily, I came across the job posting for Alice's, and it all worked itself out as I knew it would. I definitely recommend this to anyone going on an extended trip, leave some money at home that you cannot access while travelling for when you get back, you will be happy you did :)

I've also been doing loads of creative outlets such as painting, needlepoint, as well as experimenting with jewellery making with the shells I brought home from Central America. All of these things are turning out quite well, and I plan on selling my jewellery when I have a collection built up, along with doing hair wraps! I've also been back into eating much much better than I was while traveling and am feeling great! I sure missed my morning smoothies :) 

As much as my feet, heart and soul are longing to be back on the road, I know that now is the time for me to buckle down and start my career. Hopefully with time and experience, I will be able to not only travel for work, but maybe relocate somewhere altogether! Who knows what the future holds? For now, all signs are pointing to Toronto, the bright lights and big world of advertising. Wish me luck! I'm ready to jump in.

Until the next adventure,
Soph

My favourite welcoming committee <3

Guess which one is mine? #mermaidlife









No comments:

Post a Comment