quote

“I knew that if I allowed fear to overtake me, my journey was doomed. Fear, to a great extent, is born of a story we tell ourselves, and so I chose to tell myself a different story from the one women are told. I decided I was safe. I was strong. I was brave. Nothing could vanquish me.”

- Cheryl Strayed, Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail

Friday 10 April 2015

stepping on stars

I am so far behind on this thing, I will try to remember everything I've done!! 

We made it to Grenada where the highlights included: 

- a super nice hostel called the oasis that had a pool, free pancakes and bananas!
- taking pictures of all the crazy coloured walls and doors
- climbing to the top of a cathedral and getting a 360 view of the city
- drinking juice in a bag
- getting hopelessly lost in the local market
- buying some lovely had made jewlery 

Grenada was awesome, a nice change to a city after being by the lake. 






We left with jack and Alice on the chicken bus to rivas, where they headed to isla de ometepe and we took another bus to San Juan del sur. Once there, we hopped on a beach shuttle to stay for a few days at playa Maderas. We stayed in perma tents aka "the doghouses" at Matilda's right on the beach! It was so cool and we heard the waves crashing at night. We watched the sunset, and as it finally went down, the bioluminescence came out. It looked like there were fairy lights in the waves! Every step you took on the sand was stepping on stars. It was so amazingly beautiful and something I have wanted to see my whole life! I feel so lucky to have seen it :)



The next day I rented a surfboard with Nicole, a girl we met there, and we took turns going for some waves. It was so fun! Then Siw and I headed back to San Juan del sur for the next four days. 

In San Juan, we went ziplining, watched amazing sunsets, and went to the pub crawl called Sunday funday! It was hilarious, all of these people getting hammered and bopping around in the pool haha I was a sober spectator but the people watching was the best lol we went to three different bar/pool/hostels including the beautiful "naked tiger hostel" up on the hill with an epic view of the sunset! We also went ziplining which was really fun once I got over my initial nervousness. 








We also got tattoos yeeeewwww!



I also ate a poutine and had a Caesar at the Canadian bar called the loose moose, how cool is that?! 

After a lovely four nights in San Juan del sur, we were ready to move on to ometepe, which I will leave for another post.... 

Really looking forward to coming homeeeeee on April 11th! ( sick of all my clothes now and living out of a bag hehehe plus I just miss you all!!! ) 

Loads of love!!! Xx 








No comments:

Post a Comment